Dharma Yoga


Dharma Mittra, the founder of Dharma yoga has blessed people through the sacred practice of yoga all over the world. Dharma’s teacher guru, Sri Swami Kailashananda is known as the first Guru to bring the practice of Hatha Yoga to the West in the early 1950's. Dharma has been teaching the classical eight limbs of yoga continuously since 1967.

"It is my greatest joy to share with students this knowledge that I have acquired in the past 50 years of practice and study. Yoga practice will give one’s body the power and strength to have resistance to common illnesses and diseases. With proper encouragement and increased faith in the Guru, one can improve his physical body and mental attitude rapidly, thereby igniting the higher motives of making one's self useful to himself and all mankind.” - Dharma Mittra

Studying with Dharma has had a profound effect on my life. He has awakened within me both a reverence and a passion for yoga. I am constantly in awe of the peace and compassion that radiates from him, and the simple way he teaches a practice that is so powerful. I am truly grateful to be a part of this lineage.

No comments:

Post a Comment